- Go to the website (www.medrefer.com.au).
- Click on Login and enter login email and password.
- Click on ‘Accept Referral’ in the blue header at the top of the page.
- Enter unique 6-digit code (***-***) then click ‘Search’.
- You will now be able to see the referral details: Summary, referring practitioner, date the referral was created, patient name and date of birth.
- To accept the referral, you can ring the patient straight away to book an appointment and enter the date and time in the appropriate boxes, or simply click the box ‘I will put in an appointment time later’.
Optional: You can forward the referral to a fax number by clicking on the small box next to ‘Send a copy of this referral via fax’. If a fax number is already in your profile, the number will automatically be in the Fax Number box, however if you wish to send to a different number simply click in the fax number box and enter the new number.
- Click Accept Referral.
- The status of the referral has now changed to ‘Accepted’. You will now be able to print the referral or download it straight to your clinical software either as a PDF or HL7 document.
- If you wish to reject the referral, click the Reject Referral tab. A box will appear asking for a reason for rejection. Click on ‘Reject Referral’ to send the rejection and reason automatically back to the referring practitioner.