- Go to the MEDrefer website at medrefer.com.au
- Click on Register.
- Select your role within the practice (e.g. General Practitioner, Specialist or Allied Health Practitioner. If you wish to sign up as a Practice Manager/Receptionist, please see the Practice Managers section and select the link for your situation.
- Enter your name, email address and a password (minimum 6-characters). Click the Captcha box and Sign up.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the entered email address with a link that will take you to the sign in page.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
- You have now entered the practice profile page.
Enter all the requested details including an email address and fax number to create your practice. Click Create Practice.
- Enter practitioner details making sure to enter all sections marked with a red asterisks (*). Click Add.
- The created practitioner will be listed under the appropriate heading depending on what practitioner type was selected at the beginning. GPs are charged $6 monthly and $66 annually.
Allied Health professionals are charged $330 (Inc. GST) annually per provider number, plus $66 annually per secondary provider number. While Specialists are charged $660 (Inc. GST) annually per provider number, plus $132 annually per secondary provider number.
- Billing can be finalized by either completing the credit card details section or by selecting to pay by direct debit on the invoice.
Once payment choice has been made, click Complete Setup.
You will then be sent to your dashboard, which is where you will be able to see your recent referral activity, the number of referrals you have created and/or received as well as what their status is.
From here you can launch a search to issue a new referral, accept a referral issued to you, update your availability, and manage all the referrals you have in your calendar.