- Go to the MEDrefer website at medrefer.com.au
- Click on Register.
- Select your role within the practice as a Practice Manager/Receptionist.
- Enter your name, email address and a password (minimum 6-characters). Click the Captcha box and Sign up.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the entered email address with a link that will take you to the sign in page.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
- You have now entered the practice profile page.
Enter all the requested details including an email address and fax number to create your practice. Click Create Practice.
- Enter new practitioner details making sure to enter all sections marked with a red asterisks (*). Click Add.
N.B. – If practitioner doesn’t have a unique email to send the invitational email to, this step can be skipped. This will mean that the practitioner will not receive an email link to complete sign up and the Practice Manger will need to complete that step for them through their Launchpad. This will also mean that, for those practitioners, the MEDrefer Manager app will need to be signed in under the Practice Manager not the practitioner.
You will see the list of practitioners and the details entered appear on the right as you click Add. Once all the practitioners have been entered, click Continue.
- The created practitioners will be listed under the appropriate heading depending on what practitioner type was selected for them. GPs are charged $6 monthly and $66 annually. Allied Health professionals are charged $330 (Inc. GST) annually per provider number, plus $66 annually per secondary provider number. While Specialists are charged $660 (Inc. GST) annually per provider number, plus $132 annually per secondary provider number.
- Billing can be finalized by either completing the credit card details section or by selecting to pay by direct debit on the invoice.
Once payment choice has been made, click Complete Setup.
- The screen will change to the Practice Managers Launchpad, where the practitioners will be shown as separate tabs. There are also tabs to add new practitioners or at new practice site if the Practice Manager manages more than one site (or have an after-hours or off-site practice).
N.B. - If you are adding existing practitioners to a new site, make sure to click the ‘Existing Practitioner’ at the top of the page (It will automatically be marked ‘New Practitioner’). A drop down box with the practitioners already registered will appear. Select the practitioner you wish to register at the new site, enter their provider number then click Add Practitioner.
- In the Practice Manager’s Launchpad, the practitioner tiles will have an orange Unverified label on them. There are two ways to have this removed:
- As Practice Manager you can click on each tile, double check the entered details and add further details such as gender, qualifications, timezone, telehealth options, medical registration number and languages spoken as well as add an electronic signature of the practitioner to be added to be bottom of created referrals. Once the additions have been made, click on Update Practitioner.
The page will change to the practitioners’ dashboard, where things like referrals accepted and/or created and their status can be seen.
To return to the Practice Managers Launchpad to continue verifying other practitioners, click on the Home icon.
- The practitioner can use the Invite Email they are sent to activate their account, to confirm the details already entered and to add further details such as gender, qualifications, timezone, telehealth options, medical registration number and languages spoken as well as add an electronic signature which will be added to be bottom of created referrals.
N.B. – This is an important step to complete, as Unverified practitioners will not be recognised by the MEDrefer Manager app regardless of whether the app is signed in under the practitioner or the Practice Manager.