There are 4 tiles to the GPs MEDrefer Manager App:
1. Create Referral
- Ensure patient file is open.
- Open MEDrefer Manager, and click the Create Referral tab.
- If your MEDrefer profile lists you as practicing a more than one site, a pop-up will request you select the site you are currently working at.
If you are only listed as practising at one site, you will be taken straight to the Begin Recipient Search screen.
In the box under Service/Criteria, enter the practitioner name or specialty/sub-specialty and in the box under location type the location you would like to search. Click Search.
- Results of the search will appear in the order of distance from your entered search location. If you need to change your search parameters, you can do so by changing the details on the left and clicking Search again.
Each listing will show the practitioners name, their discipline(s), the languages they speak, number special interests/sub-specialties (which can be seen by hovering the mouse cursor over Special Interests), their location (Suburb) and the distance from your entered location.
- Once you have decided who to send the referral to click the Send Referral tab to launch the attached referral template.
- A pop-up screen will initiate contact with your eMR.
Once that contact has been completed, the referral template will appear in the pop-up screen with patient data automatically entered in certain fields.
- Check the data entered is relevant to the referral – add or remove data as necessary.
- Check that all the fields with a red asterisks (*) has an entry – the referral will not send while these fields are blank.
- Once the referral has all the necessary data and fields entered, click the red Next: Confirm and Send button at the top right corner of the screen.
- A draft version of the referral will appear in the screen. Patient details, your details as Referring Doctor and Recipient details will appear on the left of the referral letter.
If you wish to make changes to the referral, click the grey edit icon next to the grey Draft icon. You will return to the edit screen.
Once your changes have been made, click the red Next: Confirm and Send button again.
- Once the referral letter reads to your satisfaction, click the red Send Referral button at the top right corner of the screen.
- The referral certificate will replace the template screen. The certificate and/or the referral letter can be printed for the patient. The unique Referral Certificate Code is the link between the patient, the referral letter and the receiving practitioner.
2. Find Referrals
- Click on the Find Referral tile.
- Choose to search either by referral code or by a date.
If searching by referral code, type in the referral code and click Find. If searching by date, enter a date to search from, then click Find. The referral/s matching your search request will show in the window. Select the referral to view, then click View Details.
N.B. Please note a referral can only be searched for by date if the appointment date has already passed.
- The referral letter will appear in the window box. The appointment date and time will show at the top of the letter, under the tabs which list Patient details, issuing GPs details and the listed details for the accepting specialist. Status update buttons are at the bottom.
|Click this button to download the referral again or to view the referral online via the website. If a clinical report is sent via MEDrefer, a copy of that can also be downloaded or printed from here.|
|Click this button to reverse or reject the referral. A text box asking for a reason for reversal/rejection will appear. An email will be sent to the referring GP letting them know the referral has been rejected.|
|Click this button to inform the referring GP the patient did not attend the appointment and did not contact to renew appointment date.|
|Click this button to send a clinical report or detailed message to the referring GP. Replies can be sent via several methods including Argus, Medical Director, Referral Net, Email and Fax.|
3. Submit an eForm
The following instructions are to be used as a guide only. Each eform will be slightly different depending on the type of eform being completed and the program it may belong to, however many of the steps will be similar regardless of the eform. Refer to instructions specific to the program you are associating with for proper completion instructions.
- Have patient file open in your EMR/PMS. The form will auto-populate from the active patient record for Best Practice, Medical Director, with Zedmed and Genie.
- Open MEDrefer Manager app from your system tray in the bottom right of Windows Desktop.
N.B. - If you have not yet installed the application, refer to MEDrefer Manager Installation for instructions on how to do this.
- Click on the Submit an eForm button.
If MEDrefer Manager is signed in under the Practice Manager, move forward to Point 4.If MEDrefer Manager is signed in under a GP, move forward to Point 6.
- As the MEDrefer Manager app is signed in under the Practice Manager, a pop-up will appear with each registered GPs name. The GP submitting the eForm will need to select their name.
N.B. – If the Practice Manager is registered at multiple sites, the GPs will be listed under each site. If the GP is also listed at multiple sites, they will need to ensure they select their name under the correct site.
- The selected GPs name will appear at the top of the form in the red banner. To change the name, click on the Switch icon at the end of the name. The pop-up with all the registered GPs will reappear.
N.B. – The selecting of the GPs name will only need to happen once, and then MEDrefer Manager will remember and automatically select the chosen GP until a new name is selected or the practitioner fully Exits out of MEDrefer Manager.
- The eForm will automatically complete sections of the form.
N.B. - The first time you access the form, you may be presented with a prompt to authorise access to your clinical data. Click on Accept to authorise (Once authorised, you won’t be prompted again).
N.B - If no patient record is open, a prompt to open a record will be shown. After opening the relevant patient record in your EMR click refresh in the eForm window to load their data to the form.
- Check the form has been fully completed, adding/selecting data as required. Make sure all sections marked with a red asterisk (*) have been completed as the eForm will not send until they are.
N.B. - Appointment end date/time will only autofill if ‘Finalise Visit’ has been clicked already. If completing form during patient visit, this entry must be made manually.
- Ensure all necessary details are completed, then click Submit Form.
N.B. - If there are any compulsory sections (those marked with a red asterisk (*) that have not been completed your screen will move to the topmost section to be completed.
- A final copy of the form will appear. Click on the Download PDF button to download or print. Downloaded PDF copies of the form can be saved to the patients’ file in the usual manner.